Cormac Charles Martin
Born May 10th 2010
8lbs 6 oz (17 days early)
20 inches long
Sweet, Cuddly and sooo Cute!



My delivery with Cormac was amazing. I had lost my mucus plug (sorry.. kinda gross) on Thursday but my Dr was out of town until Monday... so i told him he had to wait. Mike worked the Mid on Sunday night and when he left for work on Sunday night I was dead asleep in bed with no signs of labor. I woke up around 3:00am with a little back pain and thought nothing of it.. until it woke me up again 10 minutes later. I called Mike and told him he might need to come home, but i would let him know. I jumped in the shower and while i was in there had a couple more contractions. I called mike again and told him i thought i was in labor and he needed to come home. I then called my Mom... so glad she lives across the street. She came over and calmed me down threw my painful contractions which were now coming close and hard. I drank a Diet Coke, because that is all i wanted when i was in labor with Carston and they don't let you have it once your at the hospital. Mike couldn't get home fast enough, by the time he got home at 5:10 am my contractions were every 4-5 minutes and lasting a good 1-2 minutes. We jumped in the car and drove to the hospital. It was a very long and painful ride.. I had kidney stones a couple of months ago and remember thinking it was as bad as contractions, but i was wrong !!
We got the the hospital and got to our room around 6:00am. My nurse checked me and I was already dilated to a 6 ! I was amazed, i didn't ever dilate with Carston even though my water broke. We hurried and got my epidural before it was too late and by the time i was done with that they were paging for a Dr and telling me to get ready to push. Mike and i were laughing because I was in Labor for 30 grueling hrs with Carston, and on this one we didn't even have time to sign all the paper work. The drugs worked fabulous and the delivery was amazing. Cormac was born at 7:30 am. He was perfect and BIG ! I got to hold and nurse my sweet baby right away and have enjoyed every minute since then !!!!
1 comment:
Oh, Congrats Kelsey!! He is so handsome!! I'm jealous your labor went so fast, that's so nice :)
Post a Comment